Services include training and assistance in independent living skills for adults with developmental disabilities or related conditions.
The goal of SILS is to support people in ways that will enable them to achieve personally desired outcomes and lead self-directed lives in the community.
Services provided may include training and assistance in:
* First aid and obtaining assistance in an emergency
* Learning and exercising rights and responsibilities of community living
* Meal planning and preparation
* Obtaining and maintaining a home
* Personal appearance and hygiene
* Self-administration of medication
* Social, recreation and transportation skills, including appropriate social behavior
* Using the phone and other utilities
* Managing money
* Engaging in activities that make it possible for adults with developmental disabilities or related conditions to live in the community